This post has 9 notes Posted 11 months ago Reblogged from iamnaivelywise
“White Elephant” by Ernest Hemingway
Did You Know?
Three white elephants were discovered in Thailand during 1977, and were presented to King Bhumibol Adulyade. And in March 1983, an even more dramatic event took place - the discovery of a whole community of white elephants in Indonesia. Not only was it very surprising to find a community of such creatures, but also it was an equally important discovery zoogeographically, because this was the very first record relating to any white elephants in Indonesia. Plans were soon made to transfer this priceless herd to a wildlife sanctuary in order to ensure its protection - but by the time that the relocation efforts had been put into action, the elephants had moved on, and were not found again.
- howgreatishislove reblogged this from iamnaivelywise
- bumdrummer likes this
- a-linna reblogged this from iamnaivelywise
- timepressured reblogged this from noxly
- noxly reblogged this from iamnaivelywise and added:
- noxly likes this
- cactusun reblogged this from iamnaivelywise
- iamnaivelywise posted this